Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Monday, January 5

Monday was rough.  There's just no other way to put it.

Chris woke at 6am and couldn't go back to sleep.  I woke at 7am and wanted to call in and say that I had to stay home and wait for our bags to arrive.

But instead I dragged myself out of bed, ate two Pop Tarts, slipped on my thermal underwear and headed out the door.
For Chris's part, I don't think he ate any breakfast and I don't really even remember us talking much as we stumbled around getting ready.

But thankfully we do have video footage that very clearly (maybe too clearly) shows our states of mind better than any words ever could.

Sarah walking to work (after being in Turkey for a mere 8 hours).

Chris walking to work (after being in Turkey for a mere 8 hours).

I greeted people in a foggy haze and tried to figure out where exactly I was headed and what I was doing.

I had to teach 4 lessons back to back to back to back, and to be honest, I have no idea how that went.

I know that I called kids by the wrong name because they laughed about that a lot.

I know that I forgot the secretary's name and I think I called her "yeah, yeah um".

And I know that after my four lessons I signed out on the sign-out sheet most commonly used for "bank, dr., university, bookstore, etc...".

My entry read "Sarah, home, 11:45".

And I never signed back in. 

I went home with the intention of getting some lunch since I had forgotten mine, but instead I fell face-first into the bed and didn't wake up until 1-something when Chris came in and found me snoozing away.

I remembered him saying something about our luggage arriving and I just rolled over and said "don't let come in here, I don't have any pants on."

Next time I woke up, it was 7pm and Chris was offering me soup.

I walked out into the living room and found this: 


Chris had unpacked everything and organized items using his own specific categorized system.  Amazing.

After putting down a few bites of soup I stumbled back into the bed where I slept soundly until 6am the next morning.

More than that I can not tell you.

Jet-lag, Xanax, and dealing with Turkey times can really take it out of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment