The sono tech waved her wand and found the boys to be just where we left them - head down and happy as can be.
Baby A weighed in at 4 lbs. 12 oz, and Baby B at 4 lbs. 15 oz.
Their heartbeats are fine, their development fine, their outlook on life just jolly.
Then we had to do the blood pressure, weigh-in, all that fun stuff before we could begin everyone's favorite game - the non-stress stress test.
My blood pressure registered slightly elevated (not surprising as I was probably deeply considering how I was going to get Baby A to sit still while I tried to sit uncomfortably still myself for 40 min.) so my Dr. told me she wanted to wheel me down to labor and delivery to run some more tests.
Happy to be pushed anywhere (I've been eyeing the motorized carts in Target for about 4 weeks now), I climbed into the wheelchair and Marcel, my mom and I made our way over for more tests.
After getting settled in the bed I tried to come up with the perfect words to use when calling Chris so as not to alarm him. I decided to leave out "labor and delivery", "bed rest", "could be having babies today" and "scared."
I knew he would ask enough questions though that those words would eventually have to be used.
"Yes, there could be bed rest. Yes, there could be babies today. No, I'm not scared."
The upside of waiting on further tests was that I got to do the stress test in the hospital bed lying on my side.
We squished Baby A good and managed to have both babies on the monitor for over 40 minutes.
My mom and I both felt in our heart of hearts that everything was going to be okay.
We turned on Everyone Loves Raymond and tried to figure out if we'd be able to leave the hospital before rush hour started.
As I laid there my blood pressure readings went from slightly high, to not high, to normal to barely alive.
Seriously, after about 40 minutes I had almost fallen asleep.
Who says those hospital gowns aren't comfortable?! (Possibly the most comfortable thing I've had on in months.)
Blood work all came back normal and I was given the green light to go home.
A slight detour but no cause for concern. Just a good group of proactive Dr.'s doing their best to make sure our family is well taken care of.
We have a 38 week c-section scheduled for November 1st.
In the meantime, we'll continue our weekly visits and see what happens.
Just to ensure that the boys do stay put a little longer I now have my hospital bag packed and ready to go.
Cause of course, when you don't have it packed is when they'll come.
Onward to 34 weeks!